Cold weather is just around the corner but that doesn’t mean you have to take a break from concrete projects. While cold weather does have an effect on newly placed concrete, concrete work can continue late into the season with proper planning, supplies, and curing. Here are the Top Cold Weather products you need.
Cold weather protection of your concrete is critical. Our blankets offer the R-factor needed to make sure your projects don’t freeze. We also carry clear and reinforced poly.
Midwest Blanket Sizes: 12′ x 25′ or 6′ x 25′
Norseman Blanket Sizes 12′ x 24′ or 6′ x 24′
• High strength polyethylene film
• Square pattern tear resistant reinforced scrim
• Mil Thickness: 6 MIL and 10 MIL
• Weather resistant reinforced poly
• Mold & mildew resistant plastic
• Remains flexible in cold weather climates
• Clear Non-Flame Retardant (NON-FR)
• Flame Retardant (FR) meets NFPA 701 Test Method 2
• Creates temporary walls & covers
• Creates a temporary weather enclosure
• Provides a containment for dust & debris
• Increases temporary heating efficiency
• Material is flexible, easy to handle & easy to install
• Durable and reusable
• Handles well in low temperatures
• Allows sunlight to transmit through
• Helps contain dust, debris and airborne particulates during construction
Construction Snow Tarps are designed to lift and remove freshly fallen snow from construction jobsites. Snow Tarps are manufactured using durable 18 oz. PVC coated vinyl fabric which is highly tear & rip resistant. Each tarp is extra stitched and reinforced with cross-cross strap webbing for lifting support. Eagle’s 8 Point Snow Tarps are made using heavy duty yellow webbing with (8) lifting loops in each corner and one each side. The outer perimeter of all snow tarps are heat sealed and reinforced for added durability.
AT-3G is a hybrid, acrylic-based adhesive for anchoring threaded rod and rebar into cracked and uncracked concrete. Ideal for cold weather and wet concrete applications, AT-3G dispenses easily and offers a fast curing time for same-day bolt up. It can be specified for a wide range of in-service temperatures, and maintains its strong bond strength in extreme environments for ultimate design and jobsite flexibility. Tested and code compliant with the IBC and IRC, AT-3G hybrid adhesive is easy to install with the conventional blow-brush-blow hole cleaning method.
POLARSET® is a non-corrosive, non-chloride admixture for concrete. It accelerates cement hydration resulting in shortened setting times and increased early compressive strengths. POLARSET® does not contain calcium chloride and is completely non-corrosive to reinforcing steel, metal decks and all metal components of your admixture storage and dispensing system. It is formulated to comply with ASTM C494 Type C and can be used at any dosage to comply with ACI 318 guidelines for chloride content of concrete. One gallon of POLARSET® weighs approximately 11.25 lbs (1.35 kg/L).
Key Features to the Pioneer Heated Safety Jackets
This heated safety vest features 4 temperature settings for adjustable comfort, and the premium insulation provides long lasting warmth even in the coldest weather extremes.
The K1® Series Mid-Sole ice cleat is the one-size-fits-all winter traction solution. The ice-penetrating tungsten carbide spikes maximize grip while the rotatable design provides seamless transition when traction is not required.
• Available in Original, Low-Profile, and High-Profile styles to provide near-universal coverage of all footwear
• Strategically placed ice-penetrating tungsten carbide spikes provide maximum traction on ice and snow
• Easy-to-use design rotates to the top of the foot to allow driving, climbing, and indoor use
• Black or hi-vis adjustable strap delivers a perfect fit regardless of shoe size
• Specially formulated rubber pad provides maximum comfort and durability even in extreme cold weather conditions
Don’t “Bundle Up”…”Bundle Off” with our disposable hand and toe warmers. Our unique chemistry compound makes our disposable warmer last longer than others. When opened, air reacts to the ingredients inside the pouch to create a safe and long lasting heat so you can get on with your outdoor activities. Use it all day then dispose of it easily. With the THAW™ Disposable Small Hand and Toe Warmer, you don’t have to let cold stand in your way.
When you need concrete blankets to get your next project done, we have your back. Renting what you need is easy and inexpensive with Intermountain Concrete Specialties.
Cure blankets maintain heat to ensure concrete projects properly cure in colder temperatures.
**Deposit Required for Cash Customers**