Intermountain Concrete Specialties officially opened on June 1, 1950. The company came into existence based upon a special need that founder Allen Terry had spotted in the Salt Lake construction market. At the time, Allen was working for the R. W. Frank Lumber Company. They stocked a few concrete accessory items, but were getting requests for other products that the lumber company was not stocking. Allen went to Mr. Frank with the idea of forming a company to meet the special needs of contractors in Utah. The idea was tailored to concrete specialty items. With Mr. Frank as the chief stockholder, Intermountain Concrete Specialties opened a small office in downtown Salt Lake. The company expanded quickly as Allen was able to buy out Mr. Frank’s interest.
By 1959, the growing company had the need to move to its current location at 425 West 1700 South in Salt Lake City. Although Allen’s original idea was to fill a “niche” in the market, it was his commitment to customer service that truly drove the company’s growth. Allen Terry’s main philosophy in keeping with customer service was to buy in volume, take advantage of price savings that come from volume purchasing, thus reducing freight costs, and provide the best price to the customer.
Intermountain Concrete Specialties provides training to its employees and to contractors to help the customer get the best possible products for their jobs. Since its creation, Intermountain Concrete Specialties has had a strong and determined commitment to the communities we serve. We will continue to give our time, financial, and product resources to make our communities a better place in which to live.
Intermountain Concrete Specialties has been a leader in the concrete industry since 1950. With a strong commitment to customer service and quality products, contractors and individuals have trusted Intermountain Concrete Specialties for their concrete needs for over half a century.