Outside Sales – Salt Lake City
Salt Lake City
JOB DESCRIPTION SUMMARY
The basic function of the Outside Sales Representative at Intermountain Concrete Specialties is to sell products to contractors and ensure the company grows market share by exceeding sales and profit goals.
- Required: High school diploma or equivalent.
- Preferred: Bachelor’s Degree in Marketing, Business or related field.
- Required: 1-5 years selling B2B in a distribution environment.
- Required: 1-3 years selling to the commercial construction industry.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Must be an outgoing individual who is comfortable meeting new people and being in unfamiliar situations.
- Must be self-motivated and the ability to organize daily routine with little to no supervision.
- This person must be able to coordinate multiple tasks and prioritize well.
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills in order to keep all lines of communication open within the office, prospects, customers, the commercial business sector, and the community at large.
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret engineering plans and specifications.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers in a timely manner.
- Knowledge of the industry and trends impacting the business.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Sell products and services within Intermountain Concrete Specialties standard product offering in an ethical manner in order to increase market share. This will consist of cold-calling and account management. You MUST do both.
- Plan and execute sales activities that support established sales objectives and develops new opportunities for additional growth.
- Utilize a Customer Relationship Management program to track leads, plan sales calls, analyze customer trends and KPIs, report on all completed sales calls and schedule follow-up.
- Ensure that profit margins are consistent with the goals and expectations set forth by the Sales Manager.
- Grow the number of customers and volume with each customer year over year.
- Maintain adequate records of all accounts and leads, and follow-up with the customers regularly.
- Create, maintain, and improve company relationships with customers, their employees, and their representatives.
- Entertain customers in a manner that builds strong relationships but stay within company budgetary guidelines.
- Perform job material analyses for quoting prospects in a manner that guarantees Intermountain Concrete Specialties product offering reaches all contractors and opportunities.
- Submit certifications to the Estimator or Project Manager for products and materials not previously specified on jobs.
- Search job plans for special products and materials required by customers for quoting.
- Complete Job Information Sheets and hand deliver Notice to Contractor or lien forms as necessary.
- Complete and submit architect and general contractor prequalification forms.
- Expand Intermountain Concrete Specialties development into reaching new architects, general contractors, and subcontractors.
- Perform product demonstrations on a regular basis and attend training sessions as directed.
- Grow your current and potential customer contacts by e-mail, phone calls, and cold call visits all in an effort to set appointments for weekly visits to increase sales.
- Assist with the collections of accounts in arrears as requested by the Vice President.
- Seek sources of potential new customers to expand the company base and grow the business.
- Respond to all sales leads in a timely manner and follow-up to secure business.
- Pre-schedule appointments with new and existing Estimators, Project Managers, Superintendents, Foremen, or Executives each week.
- Cover for counter sales when necessary.
- Assist and train co-salesmen as to how to better sell our product line to our customers.
- Ensure that all quotes and orders are processed timely and accurately and in compliance with internal policies.
- Ensure special order margin guidelines are followed except when otherwise approved by management.
- Address any off-hour calls from clients in a timely manner.
- Attend at least one sales training program per year as approved by the Sales Manager. This may be satisfied via on-line/tele-connecting classes or physical classroom structure.
- Participate in at least one trade organization in your region.
- Ensure that Intermountain Concrete Specialties stays competitive, yet profitable.
- Achieve monthly, quarterly, and annual sales and profit goals.
- Perform any other duties as may be required, from time to time, by the Sales Manager.
Contact: Ryan @ 801-486-5311 for an appointment email@example.com